Thursday, September 29, 2011

Recreation at the Lake

                First and for most, I just want to announce that I finally got the long awaited dryer last night around 7:30 or 8:00 PM, and I absolutely love it.  In fact I did 3 loads of laundry while the 4th waited for the morning to roll around.  Now that the dryer debacle is over with and everything seems to be in tip top shape, I can finally tell you about this past weekend.  WHEW!  I never thought I would be able to get to it.

                Friday, JM had a family day at one of the many lake recreational centers here.  And the plus side was the puppies got to go!  

For some reason, this area is very strict on dogs (there isn’t even a dog park in this town), so we tend to leave them behind or get yelled at whenever/where ever because I am not one to follow the rules.  I don’t think I am better than the rules or anything, but it’s a bit hard to play fetch while attached to a 7 or 8 foot leash.  Where’s the fun in that? 

                Anyways, we arrived to the lake and to my wonderment; a lot of people brought their fur companions too!  This is when I learned a few important things:

                1.  JD is amazing at making new friends.
                2.  JD is so good at making friends she is willing to share her toys.
                3.  JD is willing to share any toys with her new friends, but not her bee (at least not on this particular day).
                4.  P is terrible at making friends.
                5.  In fact P is a bit of a bully.

                After the better half of the morning and slightly into the afternoon, the family day came to an end.  P and JD partook in everything that they could possibly have wanted.  JD played with her bee, P chased her and tried to steal it from her, P barked in the faces of many different dogs, the two got to go swimming, they got to eat people food, played with the kids there, got tons of belly rubs and head scratches, swam  some more, and then fell asleep on the ride home.  Some other significant things I learned were:

                1.  P will try his hardest to keep up with his sister (bless his little heart and legs).
                2.  Because P tries so hard to keep up with his sister, expect puppy blisters the very next day on all of his feet.
the blisters on ALL of his feet close up

                3.  JM will be terrified of P’s limping from his injuries the next day, and will wake you up to express his alarm of wanting to take P to the vet (his love and concern for P melted my heart, even if I was still sleepy).
                4.  P will be babied because of his self induced injuries.

Tucked in and ready to sleep off his pain.  (JM even carried him around all day to help ease P's pain)








Comments make me HAPPY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...