Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dryer Overload

                Happy Tuesday, sorry I missed Monday, but I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, as for mine, I had a great time, except for one minor snafu.  I’ll tell you about the wonderfulness in different post, today is dedicated to the minor snafu.

                About a week ago, maybe longer (EEK!) our dryer decided to die on us, no, on me since JM is forbidden to do laundry.  JM tends to leave things in his pockets like gum, pens, and so forth that can just ruin an entire load of laundry, not to mention folding does not exist in his world, or perhaps in any guys’ world.  Anyways, I was doing a typicallaundry day when I noticed the dryer didn’t shut off when it was suppose to.  After further investigation, I found that the timing dial hadn’t even moved from the time I set.  I opened the door to find all of the clothes still damp, and now cold.  I immediately called my go to guy when I have any house hold problems, my Dad.  We chatted for a bit, and he told me more than likely I needed a new heating element and to search for them online.  I found that the price ranged from $25.00-$99.00 depending on if the coils needed to be replaced or the entire element.  I also discovered that replacing it looked like a major pain in the butt, so with a little sweet talking on my behalf we opted to just get a new dryer all together.  Not to mention the one we have is probably pushing 10 years old.

                Once we did our homework and found the Whirlpool that was suitable (it’s not my dream dryer in the least, but any dryer will do at this point since I do not like the Laundromats), we headed down to our local Lowe’s and ordered it.

my dream laundry room found on Pinterest


On a side note, I also got two new fans that will need to be installed, hopefully this weekend!!!  The lady who helped us told us it would be delivered Saturday after 5:00 PM.  We disconnected our broken dryer, moved it out of the laundry room into the adjacent kitchen and waited anxiously for our new and improved machine.  Saturday finally rolled around, and we watched the time fly by with no delivery guy.  When 7:45 rolled around, I decided to call the store.  I pushed all the necessary numbers that the automotive voice indicated, and listened to a phone ring….and ring……..…..and ring.  After probably the 40th ring a lady picked up and asked who I was holding for, and then transferred me.  I listened again to constant ringing before the lady picked up again and got a manager for me.  The manager told me he didn’t have the information in front of him, but he would return my call within a few minutes with an answer.  About 15 minutes later we received the call, and were informed that Lowes never received the dryer, which is why we didn’t get a delivery as promised.  A lot a bit annoyed that I sat around on my Saturday evening waiting for a dryer that was nowhere near its destination, and even more so that Lowe’s didn’t bother giving us a call to tell us.  So now, my kitchen looks like this,




and I am still awaiting for a delivery man just like on Saturday (they called and said that the delivery guy will be here after 3:00 PM today, I'm keeping my fingers crossed).  I hope he gets here soon, because I hate skirting around the kitchen and currently temporary laundry room. 
                

1 comment:

  1. My hubs is banned from doing laundry for the same reasons! Bahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...