Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dryer Overload: Part Deux

                I know I had promised to tell you about all the joyous things we did this past weekend, and I swear I will, but I have to get this dryer fiasco off my chest.  As I said in yesterdays post, JM and I had ordered a dryer from Lowe’s, and it was suppose to come in on Saturday, but never did, yada yada yada, and then it was suppose to arrive after 3:00 PM yesterday.  Well 3:00 came and went, along with 4:00, and most of 5:00.  Close to 6:00, the delivery guy showed up, and since I sat around waiting all day waiting for him, I had an errand I needed to run, so I gave him a taste of his own medicine and made HIM wait!  That right!  The delivery guy sat outside my house waiting for me to return home.  I guess management got the hint I was more than overly annoyed with their subpar delivery services.  The guy brought the dryer off the truck and into my house, and as he was setting up to take my old one away, I spotted it.  A.  HUGE.  DENT. in the side.  Trying to contain my annoyance, I politely asked about it, and he said I could return it and get a new one, or, if I choose to keep it, the best he could do is give me 10% off.  I opted for a whole new dryer.  I paid big bucks for a brand new dryer, not one that already has character; nonetheless character that I myself didn’t give to it.  So now here I am…again, playing the waiting game, hoping that the delivery man will be here soon; especially since I have a heap of laundry that needs washing before this weekend. 

                On the bright side, my kitchen is no longer as crowded since they took away my old dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...