Monday, September 5, 2011

Color Splash

                For a long while I have been in a home décor slump, mainly because it seems like everything, and I do mean everything is white in this house; from the walls, to the doors, to the trim, to my accents like vases, plant pots, and even my shower curtain.  I have desperately wanted to add a splash of color without having to replace anything, no, everything; and about a few weeks ago I got the okay.  I got approval to paint the walls!  Picking out colors was the hardest part, especially since our neighborhood Sherwin Williams gave me a free color wheel.  Just what I needed, MORE options.  After a week of mulling over colors and debating whether to go with warm colors (tans and browns) or cool (light grays), I picked out what I feel is the perfect neutral hues for this house (I wanted to keep it neutral because it is a rental)

                I haven’t completed any of the rooms, but I did get started on a few of the walls.  So far the dining room is painted, but I still need to install the chair rail, the hallway is completed (with a few minor touch ups here and there), the nook by the front door and the accent wall in the living room.  Pictures coming soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...