Friday, April 1, 2011

Hide-and-Seek

                When I leave the house for any reason, I typically put my dogs in the “box” aka kennel.  JD has strong separation anxiety, and tends to chew on the last few objects I have touched.  She has chewed up numerous shoes, a dining room chair, throw pillows, remote controls, the leg of the coffee table, and DVD cases just to name a few.  As for P, I don’t trust the little guy.  When he was a puppy he was a bit on the devious side.  He was the pup that knew pooping and peeing in the house was wrong, but still did it, and not only that, he would hide it.  There was a point in his young life that he would use the restroom in our home, then pull his little bed over on top of it, and sleep in it to disguise the evidence.  You wouldn’t believe shock I would get when I would smell the foul odor, but couldn’t find it; only to discover it in his bed.  I was always under the impression animals do not sleep where they defecate, but not my P.  I guess he’s special.  Not only would he pull his bed over on top of his waste, he would also hide it under furniture, behind the couches, and even behind the toilet.  So for me, the box is essential. 

                I came home from one of my outings to notice that only JD was in the box.  My heart dropped, and I immediately called JM to see if he had taken P for a walk, or to the park.  Only to hear JM announce he did not have him, so I went into panic mode.  Then I noticed a movement in the box.  Could it be?  Was P playing hide and go seek?  I grabbed my camera and began to film.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...