Thursday, March 31, 2011

Homeward Bound

                It never seems to fail, that when JM and I plan a vacation, work trip, or quick getaway, JD and P find their way into mischief.  This past weekend, I had went to go visit family, as well as meet Ms. Mac D, while JM travelled afar to participate in the Bataan Death March (26.2 mile hike) for work.  I had once again left the fur children with KC, and once more, my rascals were a nuisance.  There were no blaring alarms, police, or fireman this time, but it was much worse; at least in my eyes. 

                KC had let her pup and my pooches out early in the morning for their first potty break of the day.  Well this potty break of theirs turned into quite the adventure for JD and P.  The two had decided to go on a homeward bound escapade, in which I like to think they were looking for JM and me.  They wandered the alley ways of KC’s neighborhood, and visited neighbor’s hounds in hopes to pick up JM’s and my scent.  



When KC went to let in the dogs, only her fur child came running.  That’s when the scare was initiated.  It was fairly early in the morning, and traffic was beginning to pick up due to people commuting to work.  The fear of JD and P getting struck by a vehicle sunk in, and KC and my brother, PD, went on the search to find them.  After thirty minutes of searching the neighborhood, KC finally found the two prancing down the street.  She slammed on her breaks, ran into the street, pleaded with an oncoming car to stop.  The driver of the car had no idea what KC was doing, until JD appeared, with little P trying to keep up.  The two jumped into the car, were reunited with KC’s dog, and were placed into the box where they were safe and sound.  You would think that with all the yelling and spanking PD gave them (yes, I am a supporter of spanking when they deserve it), they would think twice about escaping, but not these two.  A couple of mornings later, they absconded again.  Luckily KC had found them yet again, uninjured, but now the two are unable to use the backyard without adult supervision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...