Friday, June 10, 2011

Kitchen Vessels

                Some days I just loathe living in a rental, but until I have a big girl job, or a career my dream home will have to wait.  Although, I have been eager to make this house my own, I have had to do it in the form of accents.  My newest venture has been the kitchen. 

Since I know most, if not all of you have never seen my kitchen or have any idea of what it is like, I’ll let you in on it.  At first I started out with a café theme which was real dark and had a lot of browns and maroons.  It’s cute, and I may keep with the theme, but most definitely will change up the art I had hanging in my cooking domain and possibly spray paint the frames; a {DIY} project that I am excited to start.  My serving platters and so forth are all white; the only splash of color comes in the form of my plates, which I am absolutely partial to, as well as the kitchen towels.

Aren't they charming?

I have had these containers sitting on my counter for years, and as much as I love them, they just are not practical.  

Sorry the picture's crooked.  

The openings are just too small for a cup let alone my hands to get into, so I have been looking for replacements.  Not actively looking, I kind of figured if I stumble upon a set that I like, then it was meant to be, and sure enough, I found these beauties.  Not only are they to die for, but they were reasonably priced!  Double the awesomeness!!!    

LOVE THEM!

                I know the white lids are a bit of a cream color and do not exactly match the whitest of whites confetti plates I own, but I am willing to over look that small detail because they just seem so perfect.  They look even better once I cleaned and filled them.  

Perfection!

                Now if only I could paint the walls, add a glass tiled back splash, put in new granite or marble counter tops, add an island, update the appliances, and re-tile the floors (because laminate floors stink).  Okay so that's more of an overhaul/renovation rather than just decorating with accents, but a girl can dream can't she?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...