Monday, June 13, 2011

Expired Warranty?

                My warranty must have been fulfilled.  Leave it to American engineers to make sure everything will last just until shortly after the guarantee of fixing runs out.  The past couple of days have just been rough.  First my car gets broken into, then JM and I get lost on our way to a friend’s going away party, then my breaks go out, then my battery core completely dies, then I got a flat, then I got pulled over being the designated driver to a bunch of drunk friends….I’m scared to see what happens next.

                Let me start from the beginning.  First, our, JM’s and I’s, vehicles got broken into.  Shortly before that, we almost got stranded in the middle of nowhere on our way to a friend’s going away party.  I had already hashed those out, so I won’t go into a whole lot of detail, but those were the start of things to come.  After those two wretched days, I go to start my vehicle to find that it refuses to turn over.  I hear a strange ticking sound coming from the circuit and relay box in the engine.  Being the savvy car expert I am (that was pure sarcasm), I begin to think I may need a new start relay or solenoid relay.  I call my daddy and a few places, and they assure me that it is in fact a bad battery.  I replace my car battery only to hear my breaks making an atrocious screeching noise later that same day.  I make another trip to Auto Zone, and find out that my rear break is cutting into my rotor and is in desperate need of replacing.  I set up an appointment with Midas to have them replaced, and while there I might as well get an oil change.  The morning of my appointment, I exit my house to see that I have a flat tire.  A completely flat tire; it is so flat that it is resting on its rim.  Great (sarcasm again).  I call road side assistance to, well, assist me in changing my tire.  The guy shows up late, an hour late, and begins to go to work on my car.  After a few minutes of tinkering, he stands up, and tells me that my tire is stuck.  Stuck you ask?  Yes, stuck.  Apparently some water got behind the wheel well or something and rusted the bolts or whatever they are that holds the tire in place.  He informs me that he could give it a few good kicks; HOWEVER it may bend my rim.  At this point I’m willing to give it a small shot and cross my fingers.  Luckily the tire comes off with no warping to the rim.  Finally a break!

                After finishing all that needed to be done on my vehicle, JM and I decided to go out with a few friends that were in town for a night of celebration.  I don’t drink, so I’m always the go to sober driver, which I don’t mind.  So JM and his friends proceed to get belligerent, and I did my best to keep four drunk grown men together in a crowded street of bikers (it was biker week, but we did not get the memo), which is easier said than done.  After closing down the bars and clubs around 3:00, it was time to head home which was an hour away.   One of JM’s friends refused to sit in his seat and crawled into the far back of my car for a nap.  JM’s friend being well over twice my size and not taking my “NO!” as an answer and does it anyways; not to mention I’m too exhausted to fight.  With fatigue creeping in on me, I accidentally ran a stop sign.  Without skipping a beat I see a cops flashing lights right behind me.  The officer asks me to step out of the vehicle, asks if I have been drinking, and is ready to give me a field sobriety test, but as luck would have it, he gets called out to a more urgent matter and lets me off with a warning.  These past few days have just been hard to say the least, but I am sure glad they are over!!!  Being the optimistic person I am, it can only go up from here….right?  Let's just keep crossing my fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Well Jennifer,one heck of a time.Bad luck is meant to run in threes so you have had more than your share.I have asked my Shiva to look over you and protect you from now on just as she cares for me.
    Love and hugs,Steve

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...