Friday, June 3, 2011

It Never Goes As Planned

                Today was a downright disaster, I repeat, DISASTER!  Nothing went according to plan. 

My plan originally:

Go to a friend’s going away party at 11:00 AM.
Go grocery shopping, to get much needed provisions.
Read chapters 15-16 for class.
Take chapter 15 and 16 quizzes.
Read chapters 3-4 for different class.
Take that quiz.
Do case study # 2.
Take the dogs to get their nails clipped.
Go the gym.

                Of course since I planned it, it didn’t happen the way I had hoped.  JM and I tried to make it to a friend’s going away party since he is being PCSed (a military acronym for moving) to Germany.  Unfortunately neither of us had any idea where this going away party was being held.  We were told it was going to be at one of the many lakes, so we set off in search of it.  Little did I know that it was absurdly far away, and did I mention I only had a quarter tank of gas?  Actually that may be exaggerating a tad, it was less than that.  We drove along narrow roads with warning signs that read “artillery testing ahead, proceed at your own risk” and “when flooded turn around, don’t drown.”  That didn’t put my already elevated nerves at rest.  And then my gas light turns on {BING} in the middle of nowhere.  Insert my anxiety attack, right about……now.  JM was strangely calm for being away from civilization with our gas dwindling down into nothingness; in fact, he was so relaxed that he took it upon himself to joke about our situation which didn’t help my anxiety subside.  We finally pass a small town, but of course there was no gas station present.  Having gone at least 20 miles with the gas light on, and more than likely running on fumes, we cross a sizeable river, and on the other side of the hill, there was the much needed gas station.  THANK GOODNESS!  I filled up the car, bought chips and a drink, got directions to the lake and an ETA, and continued on our way.  10-15 minutes later, we found the lake, but our friends going away party was nowhere to be found.  We drove around in circles, but alas, still no party and time was running out for JM, he had to return to work.  Finally we decided to just head back.  What did we get out of our 2 hour journey?  An anxiety attack, chips, a drink, and a scenic route I would prefer to never do again with only a quarter tank of gas.

                I finally made it home around 2:30, but with everything that had happened I just couldn’t concentrate on studying.  Instead I opted to take the dogs to get their nails trimmed.  I grabbed their leashes, listened to P yap out of excitement for probably 5 minutes, and then loaded the dogs into the car.  We get to Pets Mart and the yapping ensued some more.  There just was no stopping him.  I finally was able to herd them into the groomers after the customer before me left (she had a large Labrador/German Shepherd mix I didn’t want P fighting with it).  JD was the first to get her nails cut, which is always a disaster (the motto of the day).  She cried the entire time and jumped off the counter top contraption 8 times, hanging herself with the attached leash.  I’m sure the poor lady trimming her nails had enough, because she gave up and left one of the back ones untrimmed before taking P to do his claws.   He was better and much faster than JD.  Once was all said and done at the groomers the pups and I headed home. 

Off to get our nails cut, pure excitement to be going on a car ride.

After the trimming of the nails.  So tired from all his yapping!

                Now I am at the present.  The plan for the rest of the day is make it to the gym!  Wish me luck on getting my motivation together as well as my concentration in hopes that after the gym, I’ll be able to at least read one of the four chapters and take one of the 3 quizzes I need to take.  As for the groceries, maybe I’ll grab those necessitates later in the night when the store is not so crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...