Wednesday, July 20, 2011

On Wards and Up Wards

                Saying goodbye is always hard, but I like to think of it as a see you later; and unfortunately it always seems like a must.  No matter how many times I say “see you later,” I can never help getting teary eyed, at least when it’s dealing with my loved ones. 

Saying by to my Uncle

Unfortunately I had to say bye to my family because JD and I had to continue onwards and upwards on our trip.  Of course we had to make a small pit stop to have a quick lunch with another one of my Uncles and his family.  As short as this visit was, it is always great to see them, and catch up.  It just seems like there is never enough time on a trip.

Lunch with my cousin.

                After our quick lunch we kept on with our journey until we reached JD’s parents’ house.  There we had to deal with the introduction of P to the two Pomeranians, who I shall call The King and Tripod.  I was a bit worried about P meeting The King because The King is very aggressive.  Luckily there weren’t any scuffles that a shout of “NO!” couldn’t stop. 

                Following the dogs meeting we were able to catch up with his parents.  JD and his father went off doing father-son things, where I was stuck with his step-mother to basically do whatever she had in mind; and what she had in mind was marriage talk, not just talk, but for me to try on her wedding dress.  She expressed that she would like me to wear it if the day ever comes for traditions sake.  I was taken aback at this.  I was always under the impression if I was to wear a dress out of tradition; it would be my mother’s.  Also, I am not too keen on her dress.  I’m sure every little girl dreams of her big day, and has a vision of what she is going to wear, but frankly, his step mother’s dress style has never entered my fantasies.  Don’t get me wrong, her dress is beautiful, but it is just not me.  Similarly, I felt odd trying it on; since it is the first wedding dress I have ever tried on.  His step mother is shorter than I am, so I had reservations that it would not fit, and sure enough it was a tight fit.  I felt like a sausage stuffed in casing, and couldn’t wait for her to help me out of it.

A wedding dress I saw while ordering a brides maid dress for a friends wedding.  Isn't it beautiful???  (not sure why it's posting sideways)

                Besides the talk of wedding dresses we also visited the church his parents attended for 25+ years.  They had recently added onto it, and oh my, it is beautiful.  


JD's step-mom, JD, and I posing in front of the church.

Their church felt like a mini United Nations.  There were people from all sorts of cultures there, even cultures that historically have been known to dislike one another.  It’s amazing how faith can bring people together.

A small portion of the many different cultures that attend the church.

                Well I’ll conclude this leg of the trip here.  So consider this as a “to be continued….”

1 comment:

  1. awww looks like you had a nice trip =)

    p.s. I love your polkadot scarf!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...